In this senior role at Blue Array you’ll oversee a team of our SEO Managers and provide strategic direction and support to clients that fall in their roster. You’ll also take ownership of your own set of “VIP” clients.
Does this sound like the kind of challenge you’re after? Keep reading to find out more…
Our SEO Directors are our gatekeepers of quality, and you’ll need to quickly learn the “Blue Array Way” of doing things. You’ll then be comfortable holding yourself and your team accountable for maintaining those high standards in our deliverables and communication.
The key traits that we’re looking for in our SEO Directors include:
- Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels, including senior stakeholders, and can instil high levels of confidence in both client and internal teams
- Authoritative, yet humble and respectful of others and their opinions
- Open and approachable – checks in regularly with their direct reports
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple demands in a clear, level-headed manner
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of SEO and the impact particular elements can have on the bigger picture
- Ability and decisiveness to set successful SEO strategies that have a significant positive impact for businesses in a range of industries
- High awareness levels, with the ability to anticipate any issues related to client organic performance and/or relationships with the impetus to rectify quickly
- Deeply passionate about SEO and the wider industry
- Actively knowledge shares, and provides their experience and expertise to their team and the wider agency
- Experience managing and developing people to help them perform effectively and meet their full potential
We’re looking for experienced SEO experts that possess the authority and confidence to lead a team of SEO Managers, and act as the ‘senior’ point of contact for the clients that sit within those teams.
You’ll be required to provide strategic oversight and direction, often working with SEO Managers and SEO Executives to identify strategies that have the potential to effect significant positive change for our clients.
With the majority of our new business coming in through referrals from satisfied customers, ensuring our deliverables meet our high standards is vital to us. As an SEO Director, you will be expected to check that the quality of our work output, as well as the communication levels are meeting those expectations.
You’ll also work directly with your own ‘premium’ clients – these are often larger accounts that require more ‘senior-level’ support.
Other responsibilities of the SEO Director role include:
- Mentoring the SEO Managers on your team – identifying their hard and soft skill gaps and coaching them to fill them
- Attending calls & meetings with clients across your team as required
- Taking ownership of a specialist area within the agency
- Devising new ideas for deliverables, creating documentation and refining processes in conjunction with our Head of SEO and COO
- Aiding with recruitment of staff
- Ensuring all members of your direct team are meeting Blue Array’s standards and core values
Why Blue Array?
Blue Array is a rapidly growing, dynamic, pure-play SEO ‘consulgency’ who are making a real noise in the market right now.
We pride ourselves on doing things slightly differently to others in our industry by providing open, honest and actionable SEO consultancy to our clients.
Regular communication and insights are a core part of our service; our high levels of client satisfaction are the primary reason we continue to grow at such a fast pace.
We work with some exciting, industry leading clients such as Funding Circle, RAC, Post Office and Photobox, and we consistently double in size every year. So it’s a great time to be joining us.
We are based in modern offices in central Reading, with regular meetings in and around London.
We are a people-focused business and believe that looking after staff is our most important objective:
- £50k – £55k (D.O.E)
- Annual bonus potential
- Great office environment (e.g. ping pong table, unlimited free coffee & tea)
- Sensible working hours (35 hours per week) for a good work/life balance
- A multitude of staff benefits including free healthy snacks, free fresh fruit, free drinks and sodas
- Private Healthcare, free gym membership and Perkbox (after successful completion of probation period)
- We believe in People, Sales and Profit, in that order
If you want to be part of this amazing journey please apply now.
Do you know someone that might be interested in our SEO Director role? We’re offering a £1,000 finders fee to anyone that introduces us to a successful candidate (once they have passed their probationary period).
To find out how we use your data for recruitment please visit https://www.bluearray.co.uk/recruitment-privacy/.
We have a strict no recruitment agencies policy.