Reporting into the Managing Director, we’re looking for an experienced Finance Manager who is seeking a part-time, flexible working arrangement. We are based in central Reading in great offices, with a great team.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Read on below…
Why Blue Array?
Blue Array is a rapidly growing, dynamic, pure-play SEO ‘consulgency’ who are making a real noise in the market right now.
We pride ourselves on doing things slightly differently to others in our industry by providing open, honest and actionable SEO consultancy to our clients.
Regular communication and insights are a core part of our service; our high levels of client satisfaction are the primary reason we continue to grow at such a fast pace.
We work with some exciting, industry-leading clients such as Post Office, RAC, Funding Circle and Photobox, and plan to double in size over the next year. So it’s a great time to be joining us.
We are looking for 16 hours a week, rising to a possible 20 hours and can be flexible as to when those hours are worked; this will suit someone who is looking for flexible work arrangements and has the ability and experience to really own the day to day running of the finance function.
To be a Finance Manager at Blue Array you will …..
- Ideally have some experience of working within an agency environment
- Formal accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, etc) – would also consider someone who can demonstrate they are qualified by experience.
- Have a proven track record of working in a stand-alone sole finance role
- Have used Zoho before for invoicing
- Have used Quickbooks before for bookkeeping/accounting
- Be super organised and efficient so that we don’t miss any filing deadlines and management reports are produced on time
- This is a newly created, stand-alone position and you will be responsible for the finance function of this fast-growth business. You will work closely with the Directors and external accountants (year-end, audit, payroll etc) as well as in a team to ensure the smooth running and professional output of the finance function.
- You will report to the Managing Director and work closely with our financial advisor who will support you with the role.
The role encompasses basic bookkeeping elements right through to the creation of end of month management accounts, assisting with accountants on year-end audit, managing cashflow and running company secretarial tasks such as Companies House filing – so the successful candidate should be prepared to roll up their sleeves and really embrace this broad finance role.
Your role will entail:
- Employee expenses, benefits and salaries: ensuring all staff are paid on time, expenses are processed effortlessly and benefits are managed.
- Supplier and customer accounts: including running debtors and creditors reports, chasing payments, raising invoices, managing the admin of our referral programme, and processing payments.
- Bookkeeping/accounts: including quarterly VAT returns, accruals and pre-payments, updating cashflow forecasts, bank recs, year end P&L, balance sheets, variance analysis, fixed asset register, month end journals and management of the EMI scheme.
- Financial reporting: including monthly management accounts, job/client profitability reports, production of monthly business KPI’s.
We are a people business and believe that looking after staff is our most important objective.
For this role we are offering:
- £35,000 pro rata (16-20 hours – FTE 35 hours)
- Annual bonus potential
- Great office environment (e.g. ping pong table, unlimited free coffee & tea)
- A multitude of staff benefits including free healthy snacks, free fresh fruit, free drinks and sodas
- Private Healthcare, free gym membership and Perkbox (after successful completion of probation period)
- We believe in People, Sales and Profit, in that order
If you want to be part of this amazing journey please apply now.
Do you know someone that might be interested in our Finance Manager role? We’re offering a £1,000 finders fee to anyone that introduces us to a successful candidate (once they have passed their probationary period).
To find out how we use your data for recruitment please visit https://www.bluearray.co.uk/recruitment-privacy/.
We have a strict no recruitment agencies policy.