We’re on the lookout for an experienced journalist to create data-led news stories and compile expert commentary on behalf of our clients for use in various online media publications, including tier 1 press outlets.
You’ll be looking to broaden your skillset into digital PR and communications, as well as learn about how press coverage, and particularly backlinks resulting in this coverage, is a benefit for our clients’ SEO campaigns. Full training for this will be provided.
We’re looking for ambitious, proactive, ultra-organised individuals, who will be able to work to deadlines and build relationships with clients, fellow journalists and internal teams alike.
You’ll be excited to take on a new challenge leading a digital PR-focused offering at our rapidly-growing SEO agency, and be willing to learn new skills at a relatively rapid pace.
You’ll also be responsible for managing Blue Array’s Communications & PR to help us with our stratospheric growth.
We’re ideally looking for people that are:
- Highly creative, can take the lead with content and story ideation based on data sources, quotes from senior figures in a business etc.
- Experienced securing coverage in reputable media publications, including tier one press.
- Experienced feeding into and delivering content plans
- Experienced creating a content calendar
- Somewhat experienced with social media platforms, including, but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
- Knowledgeable of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels, predominantly SEO
- Customer oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Able to multi-task and good organisational skills, allowing you to manage your own time and workload
- Proactive and innovative on behalf of Blue Array and its customers, looking for ways to use content to help them grow
- Experience using Gorkana, Meltwater & other media databases is also desirable
Day to day you will be working with our SEO Directors, SEO Managers and client facing teams, as well as the clients themselves. You will be interpreting briefs, producing a variety of outputs such as articles, data-led stories, press releases, blog posts, in-depth opinion pieces, and thought leadership, as well as look for opportunities to feed information to journalists creating stories that they are actively looking for commentary on.
For clients, you’ll be expected to gain a deep understanding of their business, often talking to multiple stakeholders and looking for interesting angles you can cover.
For some of our clients you may even be helping them craft their brand and selling proposition. Sometimes this will also mean interacting with the clients analytics or data teams to ensure ongoing data led stories are being created, or building out stories utilising third party data. You’ll use this information and/or data for story generation and then be managing relationships with both generalist and specialist industry journalists to acquire coverage and links.
Client Cognisance > Story ideation > Story Generation > Select Distribution > Links
Links are still an important ranking factor for search engine optimisation, and acquiring links through coverage of the articles you create will be the primary remit of this role and the main KPI.
Additional Required Experience
- Must be able to communicate well using email and Google Drive products, whether it is to pitch an idea or to report on results
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to grasp complex and often technical subject areas
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
Why Blue Array?
Blue Array is a rapidly growing, dynamic, pure-play SEO ‘consulgency’ who are making a real noise in the market right now.
We pride ourselves on doing things slightly differently to others in our industry by providing open, honest and actionable SEO consultancy to our clients.
Regular communication and insights are a core part of our service; our high levels of client satisfaction are the main reason we continue to grow at such a fast pace.
We work with some industry leading clients such as Simply Business, Netmums, Time Inc., Funding Circle and Photobox, and plan to double in size over the next year. So it’s a great time to be joining us.
We are based in modern offices in central Reading, with regular meetings in and around London.
We are a people business and believe that looking after staff is our most important objective.
For this role we are offering:
- A highly competitive basic salary, commission and big bonus opportunity
- A Macbook pro to work on
- Sleek modern offices in central Reading, Berkshire
- A fast growing team with select clients
- Simple, agile workflow processes (we spend much of our time in Google Drive & #Slack)
- A multitude of staff benefits including Perkbox, free healthy snacks, free fresh fruit, free drinks and sodas and free gym membership after successful completion of your probation period. We believe in People, Sales and Profit, in that order.
If you want to be part of this amazing journey please apply now.
To find out how we use your data for recruitment please visit https://www.bluearray.co.uk/recruitment-privacy/.
We have a strict no recruitment agencies policy.