This is a fantastic opportunity for a people-focused, commercially aware and entrepreneurial MD to lead the UK’s most successful SEO agency, based in Reading, Berkshire. However, you do not need SEO industry experience for this role, but a background in marketing/advertising will be advantageous.
As the MD you will be responsible for all areas of the business including operations, people and culture, sales, marketing, finance, client happiness and retention. The successful candidate will have excellent leadership skills which will benefit the company and its growth path.
You will be able to effectively manage the team and introduce or refine relevant processes to achieve the company’s plans as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Together with the business founder and the department Heads & Directors, develop and execute a clear business strategy defining and delivering on goals for all areas of the business.
- Provide leadership to ensure all are aligned in activities towards the growth of the business and these goals.
- Ensure all departments deliver in their respective areas.
- Help to manage the financial effectiveness of the business with full profit and loss responsibility working alongside our FD and Finance Manager. Astute financial awareness is key to being able to drill down to understand the impact of costs and ROI as well as ensuring we maintain a healthy operating profit and cashflow.
- Have the flexibility to be able to monitor the marketplace to identify and take advantage of opportunities to drive the business forward in unique and novel ways which gain the business clear commercial advantages.
- Have the foresight to be able to react toward macro and micro factors and adjust the business accordingly.
- The ability to quickly identify and simplify processes and workflows to get to the quickest and most efficient routes.
We are keen to speak to candidates with proven experience as an MD where you have led an agency with turnover in excess of £4m p.a., worked in an entrepreneurial setting and/or in close association with the founder of a business. We will also consider an ambitious Sales/Marketing Director who has managed large teams and looking to progress their career.
Additionally, you will be:
- Used to being in a position where you must achieve more with less, utilising guerrilla marketing and finding innovative ways of getting traction which are different to the norm
- Strategically minded whilst focused on the highest standards of tactical delivery from yourself and the team
- A natural, inspirational, communicator and leader
- Hold yourself accountable to the highest of standards and integrity
- Have an agile, highly commercial mindset with excellent analytical skills
- Be comfortable with and enjoy a hands-on role
- Have excellent experience gained within a B2B sector
Why Blue Array?
Blue Array is the UK’s largest specialist SEO agency.
We pride ourselves on doing things slightly differently to others in our industry by providing open, honest and actionable SEO consultancy to our clients.
Regular communication and insights are a core part of our service; our high levels of client satisfaction are the primary reason we continue to grow at such a fast pace.
We work with some exciting, industry-leading clients such as RAC, Funding Circle, The Independent, Help for Heroes and many more.
For this role, we offer a very competitive salary including generous equity after a qualifying period, dependant on experience and qualification level.
Please forward your CV with a cover letter and salary expectations.
Strictly no agencies, please.