We’re looking for someone to take ownership of our SEO meetups, other events and various marketing activities including running our social media accounts. This is a standalone role and will need someone who is ultra organised, confident and is able to use their own initiative.
If you think this could be you, get in touch with us now.
To succeed in this role you’ll be comfortable taking on a wide range of responsibilities as per the requirements of the business, and therefore you should be able to multi-task effectively.
You’ll have a demonstrated background in Event Management and want to develop a career in this exciting field. You’ll want to play an active part in helping to make a business more visible, both to potential new customers but also to raise our profile to potential local job candidates.
We offer a supportive, collaborative environment made up of passionate individuals that really care about what they do. If that resonates with you then you’ll fit right in here.
The key traits that we’re looking for from our Events and Marketing candidate include:
- Previous event management experience required, ideally around conferences
- Proven ability to manage projects simultaneously and deliver projects to deadlines
- Be able to learn new skills quickly and easily
- Can work autonomously, whilst also fitting seamlessly into a team
- Be highly organised, working on multiple tasks with various deadlines, with the ability to prioritise
- Have strong written English and grammar, with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional verbal communication skills – in person and over the phone
- A driven, self-starter, that will seek help when they need it
- Exposure/knowledge of SEO is highly advantageous, but not essential
You will have minimum 5 years of experience to be considered for this role. The most important thing is that you are passionate about forming a career in events and marketing and making a real difference to the business.
As a standalone role you will need to understand and develop our offering very quickly, and work on your own initiative. However, do expect to be challenged and be able to demonstrate well planned, thoughtful reasoning behind decisions such as event dates, pricing and messaging.
Training and development is vital to us, and we’re keen to push all of our team to take on more responsibilities as they gain more experience and knowledge. There are ample opportunities to develop your career further as you grow within the role.
You’ll be heavily involved in organising our SEO meetup events which bring together a range of industry speakers and professionals for an evening of knowledge sharing. We have already established a meetup based in Reading which you will support, however you will take over the running of London.
Other tasks our Events and Marketing Manager will be responsible for include:
- Promoting our events to other marketing professionals in the Reading and London area. These are both paid and free events.
- Managing a marketing budget
- Finding outstanding speakers for the events and reviewing presentations
- Sourcing sponsors
- Help attend other marketing and startup events to promote Blue Array to related businesses and communities and learn from other successes in the space
- Promote job openings and spread the reach of other company news
- Ensuring successful events from end to end with attention to detail
- Ensure the events continue to grow and improve
- Take over the running of Blue Array’s social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Why Blue Array?
Blue Array is the UK’s largest pure-play SEO agency and are making a real noise in the market right now.
We pride ourselves on doing things slightly differently to others in our industry by providing open, honest and actionable SEO consultancy to our clients.
Regular communication and insights are a core part of our service; our high levels of client satisfaction are the primary reason we continue to grow at such a fast pace.
We work with some exciting, industry leading clients such as Funding Circle, RAC, heycar and Photobox, and we consistently double in size every year. So it’s a great time to be joining us.
We are based in modern offices in central Reading, with regular meetings in and around London.
We are a people-focused business and believe that looking after staff is our most important objective:
- Salary to 45k (D.O.E.)
- Annual bonus potential
- An impressive staff incentive scheme e.g. free gym membership, Private Healthcare
- Great office environment (e.g. ping pong table, unlimited free coffee & tea)
- Sensible working hours (35 hours per week) for a good work/life balance though occasional evening work is required (typically up to three times a month in-line with our events).
If you want to be part of this amazing journey please apply now.
To find out how we use your data for recruitment please visit https://www.bluearray.co.uk/recruitment-privacy/.
We have a strict no recruitment agencies policy.